Mountable Linux Filesystem Uses Gmail as Storage
Gmail Filesystem (GmailFS) provides a mountable Linux filesystem which uses your Gmail account as its storage medium (for us Gmail users that's 2.9 gigs for free). With it you can use your favorite Unix commands such as ls, mv, cp, grep, rm, and so forth to communicate with Gmail.
Richard Jones wrote the Gmail Filesystem in Python. Check GmailFS out.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator