KDE 4.0 Hits Release Candidate
The first Release Candidate for the much-anticipated KDE version 4.0 was released on Tuesday to great fanfare from the KDE community.
The release candidate provides the first viewing and testing of the popular desktop environment by the general user-base, and is available from the KDE project website. The KDE Release Team has labeled the RC and related applications as "usable for day to day use," and encourages all willing users to test the release and report any bugs they may encounter.
The first stable release of KDE 4.0 is slated for January 2008 in Mountain View, California.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|Privacy Is Personal||Jul 02, 2015|
|July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile||Jul 01, 2015|
|July 2015 Video Preview||Jul 01, 2015|
|PHP for Non-Developers||Jun 30, 2015|
|A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids||Jun 30, 2015|
|Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux||Jun 29, 2015|
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- Attack of the Drones