KDE 4.0 Hits Release Candidate
The first Release Candidate for the much-anticipated KDE version 4.0 was released on Tuesday to great fanfare from the KDE community.
The release candidate provides the first viewing and testing of the popular desktop environment by the general user-base, and is available from the KDE project website. The KDE Release Team has labeled the RC and related applications as "usable for day to day use," and encourages all willing users to test the release and report any bugs they may encounter.
The first stable release of KDE 4.0 is slated for January 2008 in Mountain View, California.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- FinTech and SAP HANA
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- Hodge Podge
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- GRUB Boot from ISO