KDE 4.0 Hits Release Candidate
The first Release Candidate for the much-anticipated KDE version 4.0 was released on Tuesday to great fanfare from the KDE community.
The release candidate provides the first viewing and testing of the popular desktop environment by the general user-base, and is available from the KDE project website. The KDE Release Team has labeled the RC and related applications as "usable for day to day use," and encourages all willing users to test the release and report any bugs they may encounter.
The first stable release of KDE 4.0 is slated for January 2008 in Mountain View, California.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python