KDE 4.0 Hits Release Candidate
The first Release Candidate for the much-anticipated KDE version 4.0 was released on Tuesday to great fanfare from the KDE community.
The release candidate provides the first viewing and testing of the popular desktop environment by the general user-base, and is available from the KDE project website. The KDE Release Team has labeled the RC and related applications as "usable for day to day use," and encourages all willing users to test the release and report any bugs they may encounter.
The first stable release of KDE 4.0 is slated for January 2008 in Mountain View, California.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Smoothwall Express
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Ensono M.O.