KDE 4.0 Hits Release Candidate
The first Release Candidate for the much-anticipated KDE version 4.0 was released on Tuesday to great fanfare from the KDE community.
The release candidate provides the first viewing and testing of the popular desktop environment by the general user-base, and is available from the KDE project website. The KDE Release Team has labeled the RC and related applications as "usable for day to day use," and encourages all willing users to test the release and report any bugs they may encounter.
The first stable release of KDE 4.0 is slated for January 2008 in Mountain View, California.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- February 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Web Development
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database