Google Looking To Dial Skype's Number?
We all know that eBay picked up Skype in 2005 for about $2.6 billion, and just about everybody thinks it was a mistake. Now the rumor mill is alive and running with — what else? — rumors that Google wants to take it off eBay's hands.
A number of sources, including GigaOm and the UK's Guardian, have picked up the tale, with most noting that it makes good sense given Google's recent activities in the mobile phone market. Some, however, have pointed out provisions in the original eBay deal that could sideline any plans until at least April Fools Day.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids||Jun 30, 2015|
|Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux||Jun 29, 2015|
|Linux Kernel 4.1 Released||Jun 26, 2015|
|Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory||Jun 25, 2015|
|Take Control of Growing Redis NoSQL Server Clusters||Jun 24, 2015|
|Django Templates||Jun 24, 2015|
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Django Templates
- Cinnamon 2.6 Released
- Gettin' Sticky with It
- Attack of the Drones
- Take Control of Growing Redis NoSQL Server Clusters
- Physics Analysis Workstation
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development