Google Looking To Dial Skype's Number?
We all know that eBay picked up Skype in 2005 for about $2.6 billion, and just about everybody thinks it was a mistake. Now the rumor mill is alive and running with — what else? — rumors that Google wants to take it off eBay's hands.
A number of sources, including GigaOm and the UK's Guardian, have picked up the tale, with most noting that it makes good sense given Google's recent activities in the mobile phone market. Some, however, have pointed out provisions in the original eBay deal that could sideline any plans until at least April Fools Day.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Mars Needs Women
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Mixtapes Community
56 min 54 sec ago
- KDE is one true DE
1 hour 31 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
1 hour 59 min ago
3 hours 54 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
5 hours 14 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
7 hours 47 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
8 hours 44 min ago
- It's Jupiter
23 hours 9 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
1 day 11 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 4 hours ago