Google Looking To Dial Skype's Number?
We all know that eBay picked up Skype in 2005 for about $2.6 billion, and just about everybody thinks it was a mistake. Now the rumor mill is alive and running with — what else? — rumors that Google wants to take it off eBay's hands.
A number of sources, including GigaOm and the UK's Guardian, have picked up the tale, with most noting that it makes good sense given Google's recent activities in the mobile phone market. Some, however, have pointed out provisions in the original eBay deal that could sideline any plans until at least April Fools Day.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu