Google Looking To Dial Skype's Number?
We all know that eBay picked up Skype in 2005 for about $2.6 billion, and just about everybody thinks it was a mistake. Now the rumor mill is alive and running with — what else? — rumors that Google wants to take it off eBay's hands.
A number of sources, including GigaOm and the UK's Guardian, have picked up the tale, with most noting that it makes good sense given Google's recent activities in the mobile phone market. Some, however, have pointed out provisions in the original eBay deal that could sideline any plans until at least April Fools Day.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Geek Guide: The DevOps Toolbox
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- Download "The DevOps Toolbox: Tools and Technologies for Scale and Reliability"
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting