Google Looking To Dial Skype's Number?
We all know that eBay picked up Skype in 2005 for about $2.6 billion, and just about everybody thinks it was a mistake. Now the rumor mill is alive and running with — what else? — rumors that Google wants to take it off eBay's hands.
A number of sources, including GigaOm and the UK's Guardian, have picked up the tale, with most noting that it makes good sense given Google's recent activities in the mobile phone market. Some, however, have pointed out provisions in the original eBay deal that could sideline any plans until at least April Fools Day.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration