multimedia in Linux
The recent letters on TIvo and Myth TV in the Dec issue were interesting. I recently bought a Dish Network VIP622 to do some engineering tests with the remote control receiver. I put the drive in an external HDD enclosure and discovered that the system works under Linux. It also has an off air TV tuner for both analog and HD TV signals. I assume you can also record off air programs with it, so they have apparently made a system which does what I would like to do with a Linux computer. Unfortunately, Echostar (Dish Network) does not allow the user to use it unless you are subscribed to their satellite service.
Has anyone looked at one of these units? Can I make up a computer to do the same thing? Can I modify the files on the HDD so I can use it as a TV receiver with recording capability?
Practical Task Scheduling Deployment
Join Linux Journal's Mike Diehl and Pat Cameron of Help Systems.
Free to Linux Journal readers.View Now!
|The Firebird Project's Firebird Relational Database||Jul 29, 2016|
|Stunnel Security for Oracle||Jul 28, 2016|
|SUSE LLC's SUSE Manager||Jul 21, 2016|
|My +1 Sword of Productivity||Jul 20, 2016|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Caffeine!||Jul 19, 2016|
|Murat Yener and Onur Dundar's Expert Android Studio (Wrox)||Jul 18, 2016|
- Stunnel Security for Oracle
- The Firebird Project's Firebird Relational Database
- Murat Yener and Onur Dundar's Expert Android Studio (Wrox)
- SUSE LLC's SUSE Manager
- Managing Linux Using Puppet
- My +1 Sword of Productivity
- Non-Linux FOSS: Caffeine!
- Doing for User Space What We Did for Kernel Space
- SuperTuxKart 0.9.2 Released
- Google's SwiftShader Released