Dell To Offer OEM Support For Solaris
Former arch-rivals Dell and Sun Microsystems have come together on a deal to provide Sun's Solaris operating system on Dell machines, as well as direct customer support for the systems from Dell.
The deal is part of Dell's strategy to "simplify IT" according to founder and CEO Michael Dell. A number of customers already run Sun's OS on Dell machines, and the partnership is intended to providing enhanced support for those customers. The deal comes on the heels of Sun's deal with IMB to provide Solaris on IMB products.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- Multitenant Sites
- Linux for Astronomers