Dell To Offer OEM Support For Solaris
Former arch-rivals Dell and Sun Microsystems have come together on a deal to provide Sun's Solaris operating system on Dell machines, as well as direct customer support for the systems from Dell.
The deal is part of Dell's strategy to "simplify IT" according to founder and CEO Michael Dell. A number of customers already run Sun's OS on Dell machines, and the partnership is intended to providing enhanced support for those customers. The deal comes on the heels of Sun's deal with IMB to provide Solaris on IMB products.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- New Products
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- RSS Feeds
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python