Dell To Offer OEM Support For Solaris
Former arch-rivals Dell and Sun Microsystems have come together on a deal to provide Sun's Solaris operating system on Dell machines, as well as direct customer support for the systems from Dell.
The deal is part of Dell's strategy to "simplify IT" according to founder and CEO Michael Dell. A number of customers already run Sun's OS on Dell machines, and the partnership is intended to providing enhanced support for those customers. The deal comes on the heels of Sun's deal with IMB to provide Solaris on IMB products.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part III
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- Sometimes My Office Goes with Me