Dell To Offer OEM Support For Solaris
Former arch-rivals Dell and Sun Microsystems have come together on a deal to provide Sun's Solaris operating system on Dell machines, as well as direct customer support for the systems from Dell.
The deal is part of Dell's strategy to "simplify IT" according to founder and CEO Michael Dell. A number of customers already run Sun's OS on Dell machines, and the partnership is intended to providing enhanced support for those customers. The deal comes on the heels of Sun's deal with IMB to provide Solaris on IMB products.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- August 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development