Green PCs Go Bye-Bye At WalMart
The low-cost Linux boxes that went on sale at WalMart stores in the U.S. last week are gone, according to the company's website. The good news is, they're not discontinued, they're sold out.
The Everex Green PCs show as sold out in cities from coast to coast, and are marked sold out on WalMart's website as well. The systems, which run a variant of Ubuntu 7.10, have flown off the shelves, with dozens of positive reviews on walmart.com. The enthusiastic early adoption shows promise for a system that critics had suggested would not appeal to the primarily Windows-centric novice computer population.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Open Axiom
- New Products
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- DevOps for Dummies
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal