Green PCs Go Bye-Bye At WalMart
The low-cost Linux boxes that went on sale at WalMart stores in the U.S. last week are gone, according to the company's website. The good news is, they're not discontinued, they're sold out.
The Everex Green PCs show as sold out in cities from coast to coast, and are marked sold out on WalMart's website as well. The systems, which run a variant of Ubuntu 7.10, have flown off the shelves, with dozens of positive reviews on walmart.com. The enthusiastic early adoption shows promise for a system that critics had suggested would not appeal to the primarily Windows-centric novice computer population.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Stepping into Science
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Qu’est-ce qu’on a fait au Bon Dieu ? Télécharger Le Film Complet Gratuit
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- Radio Free Linux
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Message for You, Sir!