OLPC Arrives...Get 'Em While They're Hot!
The much-anticipated One Laptop Per Child is finally available to order – but if you want one, you'd better get moving because they're only up for sale until November 26th!
As we've reported previously, the OLPC project is making the systems available to consumers (in the US and Canada only) through a special Give One, Get One program. For $400, you'll get your very own box, and you'll send one to a child in the developing world. As a special thank you (for US customers) TMobile is offering a free year of Hot Spot access.
If you've been looking for the latest thing in crank-powered computing, head over to the OLPC's Give One, Get One page.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- You're the Boss with UBOS