Mozilla Pulls Firefox 3 Over Digg Debacle
If you were hoping to get your hands on the latest Firefox 3 Release Candidate, you're going to have to go after it old-school.
Mozilla pulled the release, which was an unfinished build intended for advanced testers, after it was submitted to Digg as the latest official Firefox 3 Beta. Mozilla described the take-down as necessary to protect their bandwidth and prevent user problems with the unfinished software. Mozilla generally provides all their software, including development versions, via it's website with the intent of insuring it is all open-source.
Users who want to test out the latest RC can still get it from Mozilla via FTP.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Radio Free Linux
- More on Using the Bash Complete Command
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault