According to testimony by a former AT&T technician before Congress, the NSA has been using AT&T to listen in on God knows what.
Though the testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee by Mark Klein is not available due to a bizarrely coincidental "feed malfunction," his press conference yesterday gave an indication of what he was planning to say. Klein has been involved in a class-action suit against AT&T funded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation since January 2006.
Klein was expected to testify about a secret "secure room" operated by AT&T and overseen by the NSA. Klein contends the room, which included special equipment to duplicate traffic, was used by the agency for internet-traffic monitoring.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer