Red Hat Meets Amazon
If you're an Amazon user who has been looking for a way to pick up Red Hat's Enterprise Linux, today is your lucky day. The company announced today that it's OS would be available through Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for $19 per month per user, with additional access charges for each hour used.
The Amazon deal wasn't the only announcement from Red Hat today, as company spokespeople were busy touting Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1, including improved virtualization for Windows server products, and a new operating system that provides for independent software vendor applications.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator