Red Hat Meets Amazon
If you're an Amazon user who has been looking for a way to pick up Red Hat's Enterprise Linux, today is your lucky day. The company announced today that it's OS would be available through Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for $19 per month per user, with additional access charges for each hour used.
The Amazon deal wasn't the only announcement from Red Hat today, as company spokespeople were busy touting Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1, including improved virtualization for Windows server products, and a new operating system that provides for independent software vendor applications.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Transitioning to Python 3
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Stepping into Science
- Linux Journal December 2016
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Radio Free Linux
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault