Google Becomes The Mobile Linux Champion
With the recent announcement that Google will be entering the mobile-phone market with a Linux-based phone, speculation is beginning to surface on just what this might mean for Linux.
It takes deep pockets to break into a market like wireless phones, and a number of previous efforts haven't worked out as well as they could — look at the GreenPhone, which Trolltech recently decided to retire. However, with a deep-pocketed partner like Google, who knows where Mobile Linux could be headed.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tails above the Rest, Part III
- Wanted: Your Embedded Linux Projects
- Numerical Python
- Tails above the Rest: the Installation
- Are you an extremist?
- Dolphins in the NSA Dragnet
- Tails above the Rest, Part II
- RSS Feeds