Google Becomes The Mobile Linux Champion
With the recent announcement that Google will be entering the mobile-phone market with a Linux-based phone, speculation is beginning to surface on just what this might mean for Linux.
It takes deep pockets to break into a market like wireless phones, and a number of previous efforts haven't worked out as well as they could — look at the GreenPhone, which Trolltech recently decided to retire. However, with a deep-pocketed partner like Google, who knows where Mobile Linux could be headed.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- How to Deliver Hybrid Apps in 2 Weeks [Webcast]
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet