Eee PC Hits The Market
The ultra-low-cost Eee PC from Asus, which comes pre-installed with a customized Linux distro, has hit the market with an asking price of $400.
The system offers a 4GB hard drive, Intel processors, a 7" screen, built-in 802.11 wireless, a 3.5 hour battery life, and quite a bit more. Other versions of the system are expected to hit the market soon, and a version with Windows XP pre-loaded is rumored for release before year's end.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script