Eee PC Hits The Market
The ultra-low-cost Eee PC from Asus, which comes pre-installed with a customized Linux distro, has hit the market with an asking price of $400.
The system offers a 4GB hard drive, Intel processors, a 7" screen, built-in 802.11 wireless, a 3.5 hour battery life, and quite a bit more. Other versions of the system are expected to hit the market soon, and a version with Windows XP pre-loaded is rumored for release before year's end.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Technical Support Rep