Eee PC Hits The Market
The ultra-low-cost Eee PC from Asus, which comes pre-installed with a customized Linux distro, has hit the market with an asking price of $400.
The system offers a 4GB hard drive, Intel processors, a 7" screen, built-in 802.11 wireless, a 3.5 hour battery life, and quite a bit more. Other versions of the system are expected to hit the market soon, and a version with Windows XP pre-loaded is rumored for release before year's end.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tails above the Rest, Part III
- Wanted: Your Embedded Linux Projects
- RSS Feeds
- The 101 Uses of OpenSSH: Part I
- Dolphins in the NSA Dragnet
- Tails above the Rest: the Installation
- Are you an extremist?
- Tails above the Rest, Part II