$100 Laptop Hits The Ground Running
The One Laptop Per Child program started off sales with a bang today, with an order from Uruguay for 100,000 of the ultra-low-cost laptops.
The laptop program, often known as the "$100 laptop," announced earlier this month that the systems would be available for sale in November through a special "Get One, Give One" program. Interested users can sign up to buy two systems for $400, with the second system going to a child in a developing country.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- SUSE, MariaDB and IBM team up to tame Big Data