$100 Laptop Hits The Ground Running
The One Laptop Per Child program started off sales with a bang today, with an order from Uruguay for 100,000 of the ultra-low-cost laptops.
The laptop program, often known as the "$100 laptop," announced earlier this month that the systems would be available for sale in November through a special "Get One, Give One" program. Interested users can sign up to buy two systems for $400, with the second system going to a child in a developing country.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Stepping into Science
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Linux Journal December 2016
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Radio Free Linux
- Parrot S.L.A.M.dunk