$100 Laptop Hits The Ground Running
The One Laptop Per Child program started off sales with a bang today, with an order from Uruguay for 100,000 of the ultra-low-cost laptops.
The laptop program, often known as the "$100 laptop," announced earlier this month that the systems would be available for sale in November through a special "Get One, Give One" program. Interested users can sign up to buy two systems for $400, with the second system going to a child in a developing country.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- It Actually Is Rocket Science