With RubyConf 2007 coming up this weekend, it's no wonder that the 2008 regional conference schedule is starting to flesh out. the Gotham Ruby Conference hasn't mad an official annoucement yet, but should be in April. Folks on the West Coast will be happy to hear that there are rumblings of two or three California based Ruby conferences. I've also heard talk about 2008 versions of both Lone Star Ruby and the Ruby Hoedown.
The most explicit news though came from my local conference. The MountainWest RubyConf organizers has released a call for presenters. This year's conference will return to Salt Lake City on March 28-29.
If you just can't wait to go to one of these great regional conferences, two of them have recordings of last year's presentations available:
-- -pate http://on-ruby.blogspot.com
|Speed Up Your Web Site with Varnish||Jun 19, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style||Jun 18, 2013|
|Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud||Jun 17, 2013|
|Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer||Jun 12, 2013|
|Weechat, Irssi's Little Brother||Jun 11, 2013|
|One Tail Just Isn't Enough||Jun 07, 2013|
- Speed Up Your Web Site with Varnish
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer
- Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- UX Designer
- Android's Limits
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
26 min 12 sec ago
- Yeah, user namespaces are
1 hour 42 min ago
- Cari Uang
5 hours 13 min ago
- user namespaces
8 hours 7 min ago
8 hours 33 min ago
- One advantage with VMs
11 hours 1 min ago
- about info
11 hours 34 min ago
11 hours 35 min ago
11 hours 36 min ago
11 hours 38 min ago
Free Webinar: Hadoop
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?