2008 Regional Ruby Conferences Are Just Around the Corner
With RubyConf 2007 coming up this weekend, it's no wonder that the 2008 regional conference schedule is starting to flesh out. the Gotham Ruby Conference hasn't mad an official annoucement yet, but should be in April. Folks on the West Coast will be happy to hear that there are rumblings of two or three California based Ruby conferences. I've also heard talk about 2008 versions of both Lone Star Ruby and the Ruby Hoedown.
The most explicit news though came from my local conference. The MountainWest RubyConf organizers has released a call for presenters. This year's conference will return to Salt Lake City on March 28-29.
If you just can't wait to go to one of these great regional conferences, two of them have recordings of last year's presentations available:
-- -pate http://on-ruby.blogspot.com
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Giving Silos Their Due
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal