Apple Changes The Locks
In an attempt to crack down on iPhone unlocking, Apple announced it will now enforce a two-phones-per-person rule.
Apple will no longer accept cash for phones, requiring a credit or debit card to complete the purchase, and will be tracking the identities of purchasers to prevent unauthorized sales. Apple estimates that 250,000 of the 1.4 million phones sold so far have been unlocked.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- RSS Feeds
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Using Django and MongoDB to Build a Blog