Red Hat Uneasy About Microsoft Patent Terms
LinuxJournal.com reported previously that Microsoft ended it's nine year battle with the European Union over it's trade practices. However, not everyone considers the resolution good news.
Read Hat general counsel Michael Cunningham expressed concerns over whether the terms of the settlement will be compatible with open-source licensing. He went on to say that they would be “carefully reviewing” the terms in the coming days.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- The Humble Hacker?
- Server Hardening
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- The Death of RoboVM
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- ACI Worldwide's UP Retail Payments
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- Varnish Software's Hitch
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps