Linspire Loses to Ubuntu
Linspire's recently-departed CEO, Kevin Carmony, publicly announced on Wednesday that he is becoming an Ubuntu user.
The announcement was made via a post in the Ubuntu Forums. Carmony proclaimed his longtime love of Ubuntu, noted that he had considered several distros, and dedicated himself to becoming an active member of the Ubuntu community.
The acquisition of a competitor's former Chief is a feather in the cap for Ubuntu, which already boasts 30% of the desktop Linux market. The announcement came just hours before the triumphant release of Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- More on Using the Bash Complete Command
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Radio Free Linux
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault