Linspire Loses to Ubuntu
Linspire's recently-departed CEO, Kevin Carmony, publicly announced on Wednesday that he is becoming an Ubuntu user.
The announcement was made via a post in the Ubuntu Forums. Carmony proclaimed his longtime love of Ubuntu, noted that he had considered several distros, and dedicated himself to becoming an active member of the Ubuntu community.
The acquisition of a competitor's former Chief is a feather in the cap for Ubuntu, which already boasts 30% of the desktop Linux market. The announcement came just hours before the triumphant release of Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Django Templates
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Attack of the Drones
- The AtoMiC Toolkit!