Linux Foundation Announces Third Annual Survey
It's that time again: The Linux Foundation has opened the doors to the Third Annual Desktop Linux Survey!
Each year, the foundation conducts a survey of Linux users to determine the community's needs and how best to respond to them. The results of the survey help drive the following year's development, and offer opportunities to stimulate the adoption of Linux.
The survey begins October 17 and continues through November 30, with results available in December. To participate, visit the foundation's secure website.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- Wine 1.8 Released