Linux Doubles Desktop Share
Linux users rejoice! Our moment has finally come -- somewhat. According to statistics released by Net Applications, Linux use on the desktop has doubled in the past year.
Net Applications tracks and tallies the browsers used to access over 40,000 websites, and according to the reports for September 2007, Linux use has doubled from 0.4% to 0.81% of all systems. Congratulations are in order, though it might be best to save the champagne for when Linux tops 1%.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Security Hardening with Ansible