How about an Index of Openness?
Wendy Seltzer asks, Which is more open: the Nokia N95 or the iPhone? Regardless of the answer, I'm wondering if there's an objective way to score openness... perhaps a kind of in-the-wild folksonomic list of deal-makers and deal-killers.
Rather than bias the list, I thought I'd just put the idea out there to start with, and see what variables ya'll would like to see on the list.
Good idea? Bad? Is anybody doing this already?
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development