How about an Index of Openness?
Wendy Seltzer asks, Which is more open: the Nokia N95 or the iPhone? Regardless of the answer, I'm wondering if there's an objective way to score openness... perhaps a kind of in-the-wild folksonomic list of deal-makers and deal-killers.
Rather than bias the list, I thought I'd just put the idea out there to start with, and see what variables ya'll would like to see on the list.
Good idea? Bad? Is anybody doing this already?
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Linux Journal October 2016