How about an Index of Openness?
Wendy Seltzer asks, Which is more open: the Nokia N95 or the iPhone? Regardless of the answer, I'm wondering if there's an objective way to score openness... perhaps a kind of in-the-wild folksonomic list of deal-makers and deal-killers.
Rather than bias the list, I thought I'd just put the idea out there to start with, and see what variables ya'll would like to see on the list.
Good idea? Bad? Is anybody doing this already?
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI
- FinTech and SAP HANA
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- GRUB Boot from ISO