How about an Index of Openness?
Wendy Seltzer asks, Which is more open: the Nokia N95 or the iPhone? Regardless of the answer, I'm wondering if there's an objective way to score openness... perhaps a kind of in-the-wild folksonomic list of deal-makers and deal-killers.
Rather than bias the list, I thought I'd just put the idea out there to start with, and see what variables ya'll would like to see on the list.
Good idea? Bad? Is anybody doing this already?
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- It Actually Is Rocket Science