How about an Index of Openness?
Wendy Seltzer asks, Which is more open: the Nokia N95 or the iPhone? Regardless of the answer, I'm wondering if there's an objective way to score openness... perhaps a kind of in-the-wild folksonomic list of deal-makers and deal-killers.
Rather than bias the list, I thought I'd just put the idea out there to start with, and see what variables ya'll would like to see on the list.
Good idea? Bad? Is anybody doing this already?
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Two Pi R
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- AIDE—Developing for Android on Android
- Best. Cake. Ever.
- The Geek's Guide to the Coolest 2013 Holiday Gifts
- A Handy U-Boot Trick
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Uber jealous
2 hours 7 min ago
- Reality is disapointing
12 hours 39 min ago
- Máy sấy quần áo
15 hours 25 min ago
- Services on GlusterFS
15 hours 35 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
17 hours 15 min ago
- Definitely cool stuff here
18 hours 17 min ago
- thanks for the information
19 hours 28 min ago
- nice information thanks
20 hours 6 min ago
23 hours 2 min ago
- The lost opportunity of security
1 day 10 hours ago