RubyConf*MI Videos Now on the Web
Well, this is some news I've been wanting to share for a while, but I've had to wait until everything was ready. During the summer, I spoke at RubyConf*MI, one of the first regional Ruby Conferences (I think San Diego held the only one earlier than the Michigan folks). At the time, they filmed all the presentations.
We spent some time discussing what to do with the videos, and finally decided to release them on Google Video. (They might still sell some DVDs, but I've not heard a confirmation yet.) Ever since that decision, I've been waiting for the videos to hit Google so I could announce it. And yesterday, they did!
You can find the whole list here (my presentation is this one). Go and take a look. RubyConf*MI was only $20 for registration, but if you missed it you now have an option to take part (well, sort of.)
I hope this catches on. I know that some Ruby Brigades have taken to recording (audio or visual) their meetings. Hopefully we'll see more and more Ruby presentations from group meetings or regional conferences showing up on Google and YouTube.
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator