RubyConf*MI Videos Now on the Web
Well, this is some news I've been wanting to share for a while, but I've had to wait until everything was ready. During the summer, I spoke at RubyConf*MI, one of the first regional Ruby Conferences (I think San Diego held the only one earlier than the Michigan folks). At the time, they filmed all the presentations.
We spent some time discussing what to do with the videos, and finally decided to release them on Google Video. (They might still sell some DVDs, but I've not heard a confirmation yet.) Ever since that decision, I've been waiting for the videos to hit Google so I could announce it. And yesterday, they did!
You can find the whole list here (my presentation is this one). Go and take a look. RubyConf*MI was only $20 for registration, but if you missed it you now have an option to take part (well, sort of.)
I hope this catches on. I know that some Ruby Brigades have taken to recording (audio or visual) their meetings. Hopefully we'll see more and more Ruby presentations from group meetings or regional conferences showing up on Google and YouTube.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- RSS Feeds
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Numerical Python