Zenoss and the Art of Network Monitoring
There are a multitude of other features in Zenoss that space here prevents covering, including Network Maps (Figure 8), a Google Maps API for multilocation monitoring (Figure 9) and Zenpacks that provide additional monitoring and performance-capturing capabilities for common applications.
In the span of this article, we have deployed an enterprise-grade monitoring solution with relative ease. Although it's surprisingly easy to deploy, Zenoss also possesses a deep feature set. It easily rivals, if not surpasses, commercial competitors in the same product space. It is easy to manage, highly customizable and supported by a vibrant community.
Although you may not achieve the silent mind as long as you work with networks, with Zenoss, at least you will be able to sleep at night knowing you will hear things when they go down. Hopefully, they won't be trees.
Zenoss SourceForge Downloads Page: sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=163126
CentOS 5 Mirrors: isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/isos/i386
Jeramiah Bowling has been a systems administrator and network engineer for more than ten years. He works for a regional accounting and auditing firm in Hunt Valley, Maryland, and holds numerous industry certifications, including the CISSP. Your comments are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- New Products
- Web Administration Scripts
- There are factors which are
3 hours 10 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
3 hours 55 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
8 hours 3 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
18 hours 9 min ago
- on the ground
1 day 30 min ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 2 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 5 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 5 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
1 day 17 hours ago
1 day 18 hours ago