Virtualization Shootout: VMware Server vs. VirtualBox vs. KVM
VMware Server Home Page: www.vmware.com/products/server
VMware Server Source (Modified): www.vmware.com/download/server/open_source.html
VirtualBox Home Page: www.virtualbox.org
VirtualBox Source Code: www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
VirtualBox Editions: www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Editions
VirtualBox PUEL License: www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VirtualBox_PUEL
KVM Home Page: www.linux-kvm.org
Running KVM on Ubuntu: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM
Network Config for KVM on Ubuntu: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM/Networking
Comparison Matrix of Virtual Machines: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_platform_virtual_machines
Bill Childers is an IT Manager in Silicon Valley, where he lives with his wife and two children. He enjoys Linux far too much, and he probably should get more sun from time to time. In his spare time, he does work with the Gilroy Garlic Festival, but he does not smell like garlic.
Bill Childers is the Virtual Editor for Linux Journal. No one really knows what that means.
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- My Network Go-Bag
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- Three More Lessons
- Calling All Linux Nerds!