Point/Counterpoint - /opt vs. /usr/local
Should a sysadmin put additional software in /usr/local or /opt? Bill and Kyle argue the one true location for third-party software.
Kyle Rankin is a director of engineering operations in the San Francisco Bay Area, the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal.
|Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux||Jun 29, 2015|
|Linux Kernel 4.1 Released||Jun 26, 2015|
|Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory||Jun 25, 2015|
|Take Control of Growing Redis NoSQL Server Clusters||Jun 24, 2015|
|Django Templates||Jun 24, 2015|
|Attack of the Drones||Jun 23, 2015|
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- Cinnamon 2.6 Released
- Gettin' Sticky with It
- Take Control of Growing Redis NoSQL Server Clusters
- Attack of the Drones
- Physics Analysis Workstation
Enjoyed this preview? Get the full course FREE from Linux Journal and Pluralsight.