Point/Counterpoint - /opt vs. /usr/local
Should a sysadmin put additional software in /usr/local or /opt? Bill and Kyle argue the one true location for third-party software.
Kyle Rankin is a director of engineering operations in the San Francisco Bay Area, the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal.
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- New Products
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- RSS Feeds
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013