OOo Off-the-Wall: Back to School with Bibliographies
At this point, an obvious fact emerges: setting up a bibliography in Writer is a lot of work. For this reason, once you know the style of citation that you are likely to use most often, consider setting up a template. Figure out the types of citations you are likely to need, and then format them ahead of time using Insert > Indexes and Tables > Indexes and Tables > Entries--after first carefully setting the Type to Bibliography on the Index/Table tab. That way, you won't have to recreate the format each time, and your bibliographies can become a timesaver rather than an exercise in database input.
-- Bruce Byfield (nanday)
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Django Models and Migrations
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development