New Projects - Fresh from the Labs
Brewing something fresh, innovative or mind-bending? Send e-mail to email@example.com.
John Knight is a 24-year-old, drumming- and climbing-obsessed maniac from the world's most isolated city—Perth, Western Australia. He can usually be found either buried in an Audacity screen or thrashing a kick-drum beyond recognition.
John Knight is the New Projects columnist for Linux Journal.
|Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style||Jun 18, 2013|
|Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud||Jun 17, 2013|
|Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer||Jun 12, 2013|
|Weechat, Irssi's Little Brother||Jun 11, 2013|
|One Tail Just Isn't Enough||Jun 07, 2013|
|Introduction to MapReduce with Hadoop on Linux||Jun 05, 2013|
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style
- Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer
- RSS Feeds
- Introduction to MapReduce with Hadoop on Linux
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Weechat, Irssi's Little Brother
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Help with Designing or Debugging CORBA Applications
- Welcome to 1998
46 min 47 sec ago
- notifier shortcomings
1 hour 10 min ago
2 hours 47 min ago
- Android User
2 hours 48 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
4 hours 42 min ago
7 hours 31 min ago
- This is a good post. This
12 hours 44 min ago
- Great, This is really amazing
12 hours 46 min ago
- These posts are really good
12 hours 48 min ago
- It’s a really great site you
12 hours 50 min ago
Free Webinar: Hadoop
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?