You can read more about Prototype at its home page, www.prototypejs.org. I also enjoyed the book Prototype and Scriptaculous, written by Christophe Porteneuve and published by the Pragmatic Programmers.
Finally, the Lowpro library is written and distributed by Dan Webb, and it's best described on his blog, www.danwebb.net/2006/9/3/low-pro-unobtrusive-scripting-for-prototype. And, a Google group for discussing Lowpro is at groups.google.co.uk/group/low-pro.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database developer and consultant, is a PhD candidate in learning sciences at Northwestern University, studying on-line learning communities. He recently returned (with his wife and three children) to their home in Modi'in, Israel, after four years in the Chicago area.
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions