At the Forge - 2009 Book Roundup
This article presents just a small sample of the books I've enjoyed this past year. Authors and publishers continue to release new, good books that are not only useful, but also interesting to read. It's rare for me to read a technical book and not be able to use at least something from it within a few days of reading it. The books I've mentioned here stand out from the crowd because they have provided me with a particularly large helping of food for thought. I look forward to this-coming year's helping of books and to the interesting things that I will learn from them as well.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database developer and consultant, is a PhD candidate in learning sciences at Northwestern University, studying on-line learning communities. He recently returned (with his wife and three children) to their home in Modi'in, Israel, after four years in the Chicago area.
- SUSE LLC's SUSE Manager
- My +1 Sword of Productivity
- Managing Linux Using Puppet
- Murat Yener and Onur Dundar's Expert Android Studio (Wrox)
- Non-Linux FOSS: Caffeine!
- Doing for User Space What We Did for Kernel Space
- Google's SwiftShader Released
- SuperTuxKart 0.9.2 Released
- Parsing an RSS News Feed with a Bash Script
- LiveCode Ltd.'s LiveCode