Completely Fair Scheduler
The CFS design is quite radical and innovative in its approach. Features like the modular scheduler ease the task of integrating new scheduler types to the core scheduler.
Linux Kernel Source Code (2.6.23/2.6.24): sched-design-CFS.txt by Ingo Molnar
IBM Developer Works Article Multiprocessing with the Completely Fair Scheduler: kerneltrap.org/node/8059
Blog Post Related to CFS: immike.net/blog/2007/08/01/what-is-the-completely-fair-scheduler
Chandandeep Singh Pabla works at STMicroelectronics. He has extensive experience in the development of embedded software for multimedia (DVD/STB) chipsets on multiple operating systems. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Reducing Boot Time in Embedded Linux Systems
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python