Completely Fair Scheduler
The CFS design is quite radical and innovative in its approach. Features like the modular scheduler ease the task of integrating new scheduler types to the core scheduler.
Linux Kernel Source Code (2.6.23/2.6.24): sched-design-CFS.txt by Ingo Molnar
IBM Developer Works Article Multiprocessing with the Completely Fair Scheduler: kerneltrap.org/node/8059
Blog Post Related to CFS: immike.net/blog/2007/08/01/what-is-the-completely-fair-scheduler
Chandandeep Singh Pabla works at STMicroelectronics. He has extensive experience in the development of embedded software for multimedia (DVD/STB) chipsets on multiple operating systems. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator