Completely Fair Scheduler
The CFS design is quite radical and innovative in its approach. Features like the modular scheduler ease the task of integrating new scheduler types to the core scheduler.
Linux Kernel Source Code (2.6.23/2.6.24): sched-design-CFS.txt by Ingo Molnar
IBM Developer Works Article Multiprocessing with the Completely Fair Scheduler: kerneltrap.org/node/8059
Blog Post Related to CFS: immike.net/blog/2007/08/01/what-is-the-completely-fair-scheduler
Chandandeep Singh Pabla works at STMicroelectronics. He has extensive experience in the development of embedded software for multimedia (DVD/STB) chipsets on multiple operating systems. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- New Products
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Using Django and MongoDB to Build a Blog