Automate System Administration Tasks with Puppet
Special thanks to James Turnbull, author of Pulling Strings with Puppet, for reviewing this before publication.
Sean Walberg is a network engineer living in Winnipeg, Canada. He is the former system administer of b5media, a global blog network, where he used system management tools to automate routine work.
Free Webinar: Hadoop
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?
|Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving||May 21, 2013|
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
- Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Dart: a New Web Programming Experience
- Resources for “Analysis of the HTB Queuing Discipline”
- Parallel Programming with NVIDIA CUDA
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- Developer Poll
1 hour 6 min ago
- Keeping track of IP address
2 hours 57 min ago
- Roll your own dynamic dns
8 hours 10 min ago
- Please correct the URL for Salt Stack's web site
11 hours 22 min ago
- Android is Linux -- why no better inter-operation
13 hours 37 min ago
- Connecting Android device to desktop Linux via USB
14 hours 5 min ago
- Find new cell phone and tablet pc
15 hours 3 min ago
16 hours 32 min ago
- Automatically updating Guest Additions
17 hours 41 min ago
- I like your topic on android
18 hours 27 min ago