Linux Journal Contents #9, January 1995
Jan 01, 1995 By Staff
A Conversation with Linus Torvalds
by Belinda Frazier
Associate Publisher Belinda Frazier talks with Linux about the alpha port and getting ready for 1.2.
Connecting Your Linux Box to the Internet
by Russell Ochocki
Need a faster connection? We lead you step-by-step throughthe hardware and software maze.
Remote Network Commands
by Jens Hartmann
A guide to using rlogin, rcp, and rsh to transfer and manipulate data across a network.
News & Articles
Book Review Unix Systems for Modern Architectures
by Randolph Bentson
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Firefox OS
- New Products