Linux Journal Contents #24, April 1996
Apr 01, 1996 By Staff
Choosing an Internet Service Provider
by Michael J Johnson
If you need to choose between a BBS, an on-line service, a shell account, and a PPP or SLIP account, read this informative article.
Almost Internet with SLiRP and PPP
by Jim Knoble
Jim guides the neophyte through installing and using SLiRP, a freely available software package which makes an ordinary shell account act like a SLIP or PPP account.
Building a Linux Firewall
by Chris Kostick
See how a Linux machine can be the guardian of your network's security.
News and Articles
by John M Fisk
Finding Linux Software
by Erik Troan
The Trouble with Live Data
by David Bonn
Letters to the Editor
Stop the Presses
Dynamic Kernels - Discovery
Prime Time Freeware
Directories & References
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
|Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security||Nov 13, 2015|
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Libreboot on an x60, Part II: the Installation
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- How Will the Big Data Craze Play Out?
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment