Linux Journal Contents #24, April 1996
Apr 01, 1996 By Staff
Choosing an Internet Service Provider
by Michael J Johnson
If you need to choose between a BBS, an on-line service, a shell account, and a PPP or SLIP account, read this informative article.
Almost Internet with SLiRP and PPP
by Jim Knoble
Jim guides the neophyte through installing and using SLiRP, a freely available software package which makes an ordinary shell account act like a SLIP or PPP account.
Building a Linux Firewall
by Chris Kostick
See how a Linux machine can be the guardian of your network's security.
News and Articles
by John M Fisk
Finding Linux Software
by Erik Troan
The Trouble with Live Data
by David Bonn
Letters to the Editor
Stop the Presses
Dynamic Kernels - Discovery
Prime Time Freeware
Directories & References
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment