Linux Journal Contents #24, April 1996
Apr 01, 1996 By Staff
Choosing an Internet Service Provider
by Michael J Johnson
If you need to choose between a BBS, an on-line service, a shell account, and a PPP or SLIP account, read this informative article.
Almost Internet with SLiRP and PPP
by Jim Knoble
Jim guides the neophyte through installing and using SLiRP, a freely available software package which makes an ordinary shell account act like a SLIP or PPP account.
Building a Linux Firewall
by Chris Kostick
See how a Linux machine can be the guardian of your network's security.
News and Articles
by John M Fisk
Finding Linux Software
by Erik Troan
The Trouble with Live Data
by David Bonn
Letters to the Editor
Stop the Presses
Dynamic Kernels - Discovery
Prime Time Freeware
Directories & References
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Own Your DNS Data
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- Ensono M.O.
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)