Linux Journal Contents #24, April 1996
Choosing an Internet Service Provider
by Michael J Johnson
If you need to choose between a BBS, an on-line service, a shell account, and a PPP or SLIP account, read this informative article.
Almost Internet with SLiRP and PPP
by Jim Knoble
Jim guides the neophyte through installing and using SLiRP, a freely available software package which makes an ordinary shell account act like a SLIP or PPP account.
Building a Linux Firewall
by Chris Kostick
See how a Linux machine can be the guardian of your network's security.
News and Articles
by John M Fisk
Finding Linux Software
by Erik Troan
The Trouble with Live Data
by David Bonn
Letters to the Editor
Stop the Presses
Dynamic Kernels - Discovery
Prime Time Freeware
Directories & References
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
- DevOps: Better Than the Sum of Its Parts
- Return of the Mac
- Drupageddon: SQL Injection, Database Abstraction and Hundreds of Thousands of Web Sites
- Play for Me, Jarvis
- Non-Linux FOSS: .NET?
- Not So Dynamic Updates
- Designing Foils with XFLR5
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development