Linux Journal Contents #24, April 1996
Apr 01, 1996 By Staff
Choosing an Internet Service Provider
by Michael J Johnson
If you need to choose between a BBS, an on-line service, a shell account, and a PPP or SLIP account, read this informative article.
Almost Internet with SLiRP and PPP
by Jim Knoble
Jim guides the neophyte through installing and using SLiRP, a freely available software package which makes an ordinary shell account act like a SLIP or PPP account.
Building a Linux Firewall
by Chris Kostick
See how a Linux machine can be the guardian of your network's security.
News and Articles
by John M Fisk
Finding Linux Software
by Erik Troan
The Trouble with Live Data
by David Bonn
Letters to the Editor
Stop the Presses
Dynamic Kernels - Discovery
Prime Time Freeware
Directories & References
- Reducing Boot Time in Embedded Linux Systems
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Technical Support Rep
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python