Linux Journal Contents #22, February 1996
by Malcolm Murphy
Malcolm tells us which files to backup and how often.
Tar and Taper for Linux
by Yusuf Nagree
Learn to use tar and the friendly taper archival tools.
Backing Up in Linux
by Yusuf Nagree
Prep yourself and your system for tape drive backups.
News and Articles
How to Read 950 E-mail Messages Before Lunch
by Jay D Allen
A discussion of the use of e-mail filters on UNIX computers that use Sendmail-like systems.
X Forms: Review and Tutorial
by Karel Kubat
Karel Kubat explores XForms, a graphical user interface toolkit for X.
Trade Show: Open Systems World/FedUNIX 1995
Trade Show: Comdex 1995
Letters to the Editor
Stop the Presses
Linux System Administration
Maximizing System Security: Part 2
Caldera Desktop Preview II
Seamless Object-Oriented Software Architecture
Directories & References
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
- When Official Debian Support Ends, Who Will Save You?
- Ubuntu Ditches Upstart
- May 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Cool Projects
- Video On Demand: 8 Signs You're Beyond Cron
- Picking Out the Nouns
- "No Reboot" Kernel Patching - And Why You Should Care
- DevOps: Better Than the Sum of Its Parts
- Return of the Mac
- Drupageddon: SQL Injection, Database Abstraction and Hundreds of Thousands of Web Sites