Linux Journal Contents #20, December 1995
Using Linux at SSC/Linux Journal
by Kevin Pierce
Find out how SSC uses Linux to produce all of its products, including this magazine.
Index of LJ Articles
A complete listing of articles from issues 1-19.
LJ Readers' Choice
Linux Journal readers rank their favorite Linux-related products.
News & Articles
Linux System Administration Adding a New Disk to a Linux System
by Æleen Frisch
PracTcl Programming Tips: It's All a Matter of Timing
by Stephen Uhler
Product Review Caldera Network Desktop Preview 1
by Roger Scrafford
Book Review The Future Does Not Compute
by Danny Yee
Letters to the Editor
Stop the Presses Just Browsing
by Phil Hughes
Take Command Finding Files and More
by Eric Goebelbecker
Kernel Korner : Porting Linux to the DEC Alpha: The User Environment
by Jim Paradis
|Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving||May 21, 2013|
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
- Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- New Products
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- Download the Free Red Hat White Paper "Using an Open Source Framework to Catch the Bad Guy"
- The Secret Password Is...
- New Products
3 hours 22 min ago
- Keeping track of IP address
5 hours 13 min ago
- Roll your own dynamic dns
10 hours 27 min ago
- Please correct the URL for Salt Stack's web site
13 hours 38 min ago
- Android is Linux -- why no better inter-operation
15 hours 54 min ago
- Connecting Android device to desktop Linux via USB
16 hours 22 min ago
- Find new cell phone and tablet pc
17 hours 20 min ago
18 hours 49 min ago
- Automatically updating Guest Additions
19 hours 58 min ago
- I like your topic on android
20 hours 44 min ago
Enter to Win an Adafruit Pi Cobbler Breakout Kit for Raspberry Pi
Congratulations to our winners so far:
- 5-8-13, Pi Starter Pack: Jack Davis
- 5-15-13, Pi Model B 512MB RAM: Patrick Dunn
- 5-21-13, Prototyping Pi Plate Kit: Philip Kirby
- Next winner announced on 5-27-13!
Free Webinar: Hadoop
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?