Linux Journal Contents #17, September 1995
ncurses: Portable Screen Handling for Linux
by Eric S. Raymond
An introduction to the new, reliable, powerful ncurses library.
Writing Mouse-Sensitive Applications
by Alessandro Rubini
Use gpm to turn text-oriented programs into mouse-sensitive applications.
Porting DOS Applications to Linux
by Alan Cox
Lots of practical tips for porting your DOS applications.
News & Articles
Two Eiffel Implementations
by Dan Wilder
Linux Tips: Open Look Window Manager
by Robert A. Dalrymple
Moo-Tiff Development Environment
by Bogdan Urma
Reader Survey Results
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!
- Picking Out the Nouns
- Tips for Optimizing Linux Memory Usage
- "No Reboot" Kernel Patching - And Why You Should Care
- DevOps: Better Than the Sum of Its Parts
- Return of the Mac
- Android Candy: Intercoms
- Drupageddon: SQL Injection, Database Abstraction and Hundreds of Thousands of Web Sites
- Non-Linux FOSS: .NET?
- Consent That Goes Both Ways