Shape Your Enterprise for New Business Realities
Business Technology Summit 2010 – India's First, Largest and Single-most Inspirational Technology Show
As the world slowly but surely emerges out of one of the worst global slow down in recent times, and learns to grapple with a dynamic and ever changing economy, our enterprises present us with even more challenges and requirements to become agile, service-oriented, customer-oriented, cloud enabled, business intelligent and socially connected. Centered on the theme Shaping Your Enterprise for New Business Realities, the third edition of India's annual summit for business technologies features some of the most important and relevant tracks that will empower you with all the necessary know-how required for your applications and your company to prosper in this climate, now and into the future. Business Technology Summit 2010 will take place November 11 and 12 in Bangalore, India.
The first day of the summit, 'Code in the Cloud', covers the entire scope of the cloud including cloud development, cloud workshops, cloud case studies and cloud governance. The second day, 'SOA In a Day', focuses on SOA case studies, SOA integration, SOA deployment and management, and BPM in practice.
Following is more detail about the tracks covered:
• Cloud Development: This track focuses on development patterns and best practices, looking at what's different about clouds and what computing paradigms work best. You will not only learn key lessons from seasoned cloud computing developers, but also hear from leading cloud platform vendors.
• Cloud Workshops: Expert speakers from the leading cloud computing platforms will hold forth on building different type of cloud applications for different clouds. Intensive, Interactive and Inspirational, these workshops are all you need to build exciting apps on the cloud.
• Cloud Case Studies: This track is flush with case studies and real world lessons from experts who have been there, done it. You will find out real world reasons for why companies decided to move to the cloud or stay back with on-premise IT. You will discover what worked best, how the costs stacked up, how they secured their piece of the cloud, whether performance got better or worse, and much more.
• Cloud Governance: You will learn about the risks, the regulations, the unknowns. You will also learn about compliance and mitigating Risks to hedge Against uncertainty. The tradeoffs, challenges, security issues, and all that you need to effectively govern your cloud.
• SOA Case Studies: You will learn from the wisdom, experience and passion of expert SOA practitioners who have been there and done it all too well. If you believe there is no alternative for actual experience, this is the track for you.
• SOA Integration: This track discusses how SOA and related technologies - middleware, application integration, BPM, BAM, governance technology, application platforms, application development tools, data integration, MDM, multienterprise B2B tools and services, Web 2.0, cloud and others - can help your organization efficiently support the challenges and leverage the opportunities ahead.
• SOA Deployment & Management: Successful SOA Deployment Requires Effective SOA Management. In this track you will learn about balancing flexibility and control within an SOA, managing SOA application service levels, performance and availability, among others. You will also learn how combining SOA governance with time tested techniques of managing applications enables you to achieve the increased flexibility and decreased cost that you need from your SOA initiative.
• BPM in Practice: In this track, learn how to harness BPM as an essential part of an overall strategy that touches both the IT function and the operational imperative. You will learn about Process Discovery and Modelling, Process Execution, Process Monitoring and Optimisation, among others.
Business Technology Summit is the single most inspirational, informative and valuable event of the year for those recognise that the overall business network benefits when business technologies are made integral to the overall value equation. It offer the best chance to refresh, pick up new tips and techniques, and network with your peers to find solutions to the most pressing business technology issues today. To register, please visit http://www.btsummit.com/registerOnline. Follow the summit on Twitter, here: http://twitter.com/btsummit.
Business Technology Summit is India's first, largest and single-most inspirational technology show attended by a serious audience of over thousand lively and thought-provoking IT practitioners and business leaders. With outstanding education sessions, powerhouse speakers, and demand-driven content BTS 2010 offers cloud and SOA vendors a great way to maximize their company's visibility and maintain a heightened profile, before during and after the summit. For details on attendee demographics, products and services invited for participation, and expo floor plan, please visit http://www.btsummit.com/sponsorship.html.
A Saltmarch Media
Ph: +91 80 4005 1000
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development