Business Technology Summit 2010 – India's First, Largest and Single-most Inspirational Technology Show
As the world slowly but surely emerges out of one of the worst global slow down in recent times, and learns to grapple with a dynamic and ever changing economy, our enterprises present us with even more challenges and requirements to become agile, service-oriented, customer-oriented, cloud enabled, business intelligent and socially connected. Centered on the theme Shaping Your Enterprise for New Business Realities, the third edition of India's annual summit for business technologies features some of the most important and relevant tracks that will empower you with all the necessary know-how required for your applications and your company to prosper in this climate, now and into the future. Business Technology Summit 2010 will take place November 11 and 12 in Bangalore, India.
The first day of the summit, 'Code in the Cloud', covers the entire scope of the cloud including cloud development, cloud workshops, cloud case studies and cloud governance. The second day, 'SOA In a Day', focuses on SOA case studies, SOA integration, SOA deployment and management, and BPM in practice.
Following is more detail about the tracks covered:
• Cloud Development: This track focuses on development patterns and best practices, looking at what's different about clouds and what computing paradigms work best. You will not only learn key lessons from seasoned cloud computing developers, but also hear from leading cloud platform vendors.
• Cloud Workshops: Expert speakers from the leading cloud computing platforms will hold forth on building different type of cloud applications for different clouds. Intensive, Interactive and Inspirational, these workshops are all you need to build exciting apps on the cloud.
• Cloud Case Studies: This track is flush with case studies and real world lessons from experts who have been there, done it. You will find out real world reasons for why companies decided to move to the cloud or stay back with on-premise IT. You will discover what worked best, how the costs stacked up, how they secured their piece of the cloud, whether performance got better or worse, and much more.
• Cloud Governance: You will learn about the risks, the regulations, the unknowns. You will also learn about compliance and mitigating Risks to hedge Against uncertainty. The tradeoffs, challenges, security issues, and all that you need to effectively govern your cloud.
• SOA Case Studies: You will learn from the wisdom, experience and passion of expert SOA practitioners who have been there and done it all too well. If you believe there is no alternative for actual experience, this is the track for you.
• SOA Integration: This track discusses how SOA and related technologies - middleware, application integration, BPM, BAM, governance technology, application platforms, application development tools, data integration, MDM, multienterprise B2B tools and services, Web 2.0, cloud and others - can help your organization efficiently support the challenges and leverage the opportunities ahead.
• SOA Deployment & Management: Successful SOA Deployment Requires Effective SOA Management. In this track you will learn about balancing flexibility and control within an SOA, managing SOA application service levels, performance and availability, among others. You will also learn how combining SOA governance with time tested techniques of managing applications enables you to achieve the increased flexibility and decreased cost that you need from your SOA initiative.
• BPM in Practice: In this track, learn how to harness BPM as an essential part of an overall strategy that touches both the IT function and the operational imperative. You will learn about Process Discovery and Modelling, Process Execution, Process Monitoring and Optimisation, among others.
Business Technology Summit is the single most inspirational, informative and valuable event of the year for those recognise that the overall business network benefits when business technologies are made integral to the overall value equation. It offer the best chance to refresh, pick up new tips and techniques, and network with your peers to find solutions to the most pressing business technology issues today. To register, please visit http://www.btsummit.com/registerOnline. Follow the summit on Twitter, here: http://twitter.com/btsummit.
Business Technology Summit is India's first, largest and single-most inspirational technology show attended by a serious audience of over thousand lively and thought-provoking IT practitioners and business leaders. With outstanding education sessions, powerhouse speakers, and demand-driven content BTS 2010 offers cloud and SOA vendors a great way to maximize their company's visibility and maintain a heightened profile, before during and after the summit. For details on attendee demographics, products and services invited for participation, and expo floor plan, please visit http://www.btsummit.com/sponsorship.html.
A Saltmarch Media
Ph: +91 80 4005 1000
|Designing Electronics with Linux||May 22, 2013|
|Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving||May 21, 2013|
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
- New Products
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- UX Designer
- Designing Electronics with Linux
- Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- Nice article, thanks for the
1 hour 41 min ago
- I once had a better way I
7 hours 27 min ago
- Not only you I too assumed
7 hours 44 min ago
- another very interesting
9 hours 37 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
11 hours 30 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
18 hours 24 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
18 hours 41 min ago
- Favorite (and easily brute-forced) pw's
20 hours 32 min ago
- Have you tried Boxen? It's a
1 day 2 hours ago
- seo services in india
1 day 6 hours ago
Enter to Win an Adafruit Pi Cobbler Breakout Kit for Raspberry Pi
It's Raspberry Pi month at Linux Journal. Each week in May, Adafruit will be giving away a Pi-related prize to a lucky, randomly drawn LJ reader. Winners will be announced weekly.
Fill out the fields below to enter to win this week's prize-- a Pi Cobbler Breakout Kit for Raspberry Pi.
Congratulations to our winners so far:
- 5-8-13, Pi Starter Pack: Jack Davis
- 5-15-13, Pi Model B 512MB RAM: Patrick Dunn
- 5-21-13, Prototyping Pi Plate Kit: Philip Kirby
- Next winner announced on 5-27-13!
Free Webinar: Hadoop
How to Build an Optimal Hadoop Cluster to Store and Maintain Unlimited Amounts of Data Using Microservers
Realizing the promise of Apache® Hadoop® requires the effective deployment of compute, memory, storage and networking to achieve optimal results. With its flexibility and multitude of options, it is easy to over or under provision the server infrastructure, resulting in poor performance and high TCO. Join us for an in depth, technical discussion with industry experts from leading Hadoop and server companies who will provide insights into the key considerations for designing and deploying an optimal Hadoop cluster.
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?