Shape Your Enterprise for New Business Realities
Business Technology Summit 2010 – India's First, Largest and Single-most Inspirational Technology Show
As the world slowly but surely emerges out of one of the worst global slow down in recent times, and learns to grapple with a dynamic and ever changing economy, our enterprises present us with even more challenges and requirements to become agile, service-oriented, customer-oriented, cloud enabled, business intelligent and socially connected. Centered on the theme Shaping Your Enterprise for New Business Realities, the third edition of India's annual summit for business technologies features some of the most important and relevant tracks that will empower you with all the necessary know-how required for your applications and your company to prosper in this climate, now and into the future. Business Technology Summit 2010 will take place November 11 and 12 in Bangalore, India.
The first day of the summit, 'Code in the Cloud', covers the entire scope of the cloud including cloud development, cloud workshops, cloud case studies and cloud governance. The second day, 'SOA In a Day', focuses on SOA case studies, SOA integration, SOA deployment and management, and BPM in practice.
Following is more detail about the tracks covered:
• Cloud Development: This track focuses on development patterns and best practices, looking at what's different about clouds and what computing paradigms work best. You will not only learn key lessons from seasoned cloud computing developers, but also hear from leading cloud platform vendors.
• Cloud Workshops: Expert speakers from the leading cloud computing platforms will hold forth on building different type of cloud applications for different clouds. Intensive, Interactive and Inspirational, these workshops are all you need to build exciting apps on the cloud.
• Cloud Case Studies: This track is flush with case studies and real world lessons from experts who have been there, done it. You will find out real world reasons for why companies decided to move to the cloud or stay back with on-premise IT. You will discover what worked best, how the costs stacked up, how they secured their piece of the cloud, whether performance got better or worse, and much more.
• Cloud Governance: You will learn about the risks, the regulations, the unknowns. You will also learn about compliance and mitigating Risks to hedge Against uncertainty. The tradeoffs, challenges, security issues, and all that you need to effectively govern your cloud.
• SOA Case Studies: You will learn from the wisdom, experience and passion of expert SOA practitioners who have been there and done it all too well. If you believe there is no alternative for actual experience, this is the track for you.
• SOA Integration: This track discusses how SOA and related technologies - middleware, application integration, BPM, BAM, governance technology, application platforms, application development tools, data integration, MDM, multienterprise B2B tools and services, Web 2.0, cloud and others - can help your organization efficiently support the challenges and leverage the opportunities ahead.
• SOA Deployment & Management: Successful SOA Deployment Requires Effective SOA Management. In this track you will learn about balancing flexibility and control within an SOA, managing SOA application service levels, performance and availability, among others. You will also learn how combining SOA governance with time tested techniques of managing applications enables you to achieve the increased flexibility and decreased cost that you need from your SOA initiative.
• BPM in Practice: In this track, learn how to harness BPM as an essential part of an overall strategy that touches both the IT function and the operational imperative. You will learn about Process Discovery and Modelling, Process Execution, Process Monitoring and Optimisation, among others.
Business Technology Summit is the single most inspirational, informative and valuable event of the year for those recognise that the overall business network benefits when business technologies are made integral to the overall value equation. It offer the best chance to refresh, pick up new tips and techniques, and network with your peers to find solutions to the most pressing business technology issues today. To register, please visit http://www.btsummit.com/registerOnline. Follow the summit on Twitter, here: http://twitter.com/btsummit.
Business Technology Summit is India's first, largest and single-most inspirational technology show attended by a serious audience of over thousand lively and thought-provoking IT practitioners and business leaders. With outstanding education sessions, powerhouse speakers, and demand-driven content BTS 2010 offers cloud and SOA vendors a great way to maximize their company's visibility and maintain a heightened profile, before during and after the summit. For details on attendee demographics, products and services invited for participation, and expo floor plan, please visit http://www.btsummit.com/sponsorship.html.
A Saltmarch Media
Ph: +91 80 4005 1000
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|Working with Command Arguments||May 28, 2016|
|Secure Desktops with Qubes: Installation||May 28, 2016|
|CentOS 6.8 Released||May 27, 2016|
|Secure Desktops with Qubes: Introduction||May 27, 2016|
|Chris Birchall's Re-Engineering Legacy Software (Manning Publications)||May 26, 2016|
|ServersCheck's Thermal Imaging Camera Sensor||May 25, 2016|
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Introduction
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Installation
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- CentOS 6.8 Released
- Working with Command Arguments
- The Italian Army Switches to LibreOffice
- Linux Mint 18
- ServersCheck's Thermal Imaging Camera Sensor
- Chris Birchall's Re-Engineering Legacy Software (Manning Publications)
- Petros Koutoupis' RapidDisk
Until recently, IBM’s Power Platform was looked upon as being the system that hosted IBM’s flavor of UNIX and proprietary operating system called IBM i. These servers often are found in medium-size businesses running ERP, CRM and financials for on-premise customers. By enabling the Power platform to run the Linux OS, IBM now has positioned Power to be the platform of choice for those already running Linux that are facing scalability issues, especially customers looking at analytics, big data or cloud computing.
￼Running Linux on IBM’s Power hardware offers some obvious benefits, including improved processing speed and memory bandwidth, inherent security, and simpler deployment and management. But if you look beyond the impressive architecture, you’ll also find an open ecosystem that has given rise to a strong, innovative community, as well as an inventory of system and network management applications that really help leverage the benefits offered by running Linux on Power.Get the Guide