LJ Digital: Error reading PDF, not repairable.
One thing about paper, it doesn't suffer from this problem. This on the latest Ubuntu LTS (10.04) system with up to date version of Adobe Acrobat.
Any time I try to open the downloaded August 2011 or September 2011 editions with Adobe's acroread I get:
There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.
I also tried 'Document Reader' and 'Okular' with similar results. I tried downloading the Sept edition again on the off chance it was corrupted during the download. The size of the file changed slightly, but I always got the same error?
If you are going to go completed digital, the reader technology better be rock solid. Apparently it isn't.
What's worse is this is only an intermediate step to actually get the digital copy where I really want it. On my Nook.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO
- Readers' Choice Awards
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Hodge Podge
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now