LJ Android App feedback thread
( I thought I start a thread we could all place the LJ Android Client feedback in)
I think the LJ Android App is pretty reasonable for a first release. Here's a few observations:
- Code examples are not in displayed in a monospaced CODE font. If you cannot make the ePub and Android App versions show monospaced code snippets, could you create a preference pane selector so we can change the app's global font to one that's monospaced. Clicking the Menu -> Page to download the actual page isn't a necessary work around
- Breadcrumbs and remembrance. Every time I went back to the "Navigator" (i.e. Table of Contents) after reading an article, I was placed at the top of it ... not 4 screens down where I made my last selection.
- There should be an About Screen selector via the Menu button
- There should a Goto [mobile] Website via the Menu button (or placed in the About Screen)
- There needs to be Preferences via the Menu button
- Preferences should include:
- disable automatic update checks (or make them WiFi only)
- disable the device's screen time out while reading
- set default font settings (size, typeface)
- Maybe even fold browsing the forums in the app too. (I don't expect it though. It is just forums after all.)
I understand the app is written by Texterity, Inc. but there are a few features which are basic to all apps, such as Preferences and About Screens. Texterity should throw in those basic features.
Cheers. Mark S.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Non-Linux FOSS: Let's Make Music Together
- Two Pi R
- Best. Cake. Ever.
- AIDE—Developing for Android on Android
- A Handy U-Boot Trick
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- The NEW SUSE Catalog is in!
- Exploring the Samsung ARM Chromebook 3G
11 hours 16 min ago
- Thanks for clearing that up.
16 hours 39 min ago
- Nice coding on the cake. I
1 day 4 hours ago
- Baker's identity
1 day 9 hours ago
- Uber jealous
1 day 13 hours ago
- Reality is disapointing
2 days 30 min ago
- Máy sấy quần áo
2 days 3 hours ago
- Services on GlusterFS
2 days 3 hours ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
2 days 5 hours ago
- Definitely cool stuff here
2 days 6 hours ago