How do you program frequencies into your rigs?
I was asked the other day, if there was any good Open Source software for programing radios. The case in point was asking specifically about the IC-2820 with D-Star. I was pointed at a piece of software called CHIRP which runs on Windows and Linux. I have written a review of it and it should appear shortly.
But it got me wondering. Is there any good Open Source (and especially Linux-based) software out there for programming your rig? I have a mish-mash of hardware from a variety of players and I would like to have a piece of code that I can upload my template(s) into and then push down into the various radios. I would be happy with one for each vendor, or one for each type (like HT/Mobile/Base).
So is there a solution? Let me know how you do it.
- OpenSSL Hacks
- Transitioning to Python 3
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Security Exercises
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- Why Python?
- What is your favorite Linux distribution for use on the desktop?
- Equus Computer Systems, Inc.'s 1.5U Server
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740