"drastic increases in printing costs"
The subject line comes from the announcement of the "no print LJ" email.
I have heard this time and time again.....
But I can't understand it!
I can understand "Per copy cost increases due to smaller print runs".
After all, the whole Desktop publishing / electronic typesetting and formatting thing should have massively decreased the set up costs for a print run to nearly zero compared to what it used to be.
But that isn't the claim here.
So why on earth have printing costs drastically increased? Has the computer industry failed totally in it's "Poster Child" application? (Namely typesetting, embedded system controls....?)
Or is the Inkjet Ink scam pushing us back to a pre-Gutenberg Age?
Have people stopped planting trees to paper costs are soaring?
What's happening? What's going on? Why has IT so massively failed?
Hell's Bell's and Buckets of Blood! Must we dig out ye olde hand cranked purple ink sheet and stylus Roneo machines from the museums to get back to "Cheap Desktop Publishing?"
WHAT'S GOING ON OUT THERE!?
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code