$badmarketing = (Paper Mag > Electronic Mag) ? yes : no;
I have no problem with a digital edition, in fact I welcome one, but you guys are really handling this in a fantastically stupid way.
First, this smacks of desperation. If you're going to have to go digital or go belly-up, why not say so. I could pity you for ganking my paper subscription if the alternative is to have none at all.
Second, people paid for a paper mag subscription. Now you're changing the terms. Yet I still hear no offer from LJ to reimburse the remainder of peoples subscriptions since the terms have drastically changed. I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that's as clear a case of bait and switch as I've ever seen.
Finally, what really are we gaining from this? We can't line our rat's cage with pdfs, or (maybe) hand our copy to a friend when we're done. They're not so good on the crapper either, as the other fellow so eloquently pointed out.
Total fail on the delivery of this probably mostly unwelcome news. If you guys need a marketing consultant this badly, you have my email. For the sake of all who love this rag, get someone with a clue about how to treat customers before you toss out the next surprise.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Mixtapes Community
3 hours 10 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
3 hours 44 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
4 hours 12 min ago
6 hours 7 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
7 hours 27 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
10 hours 55 sec ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
10 hours 57 min ago
- It's Jupiter
1 day 1 hour ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
1 day 2 hours ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 7 hours ago