$badmarketing = (Paper Mag > Electronic Mag) ? yes : no;
I have no problem with a digital edition, in fact I welcome one, but you guys are really handling this in a fantastically stupid way.
First, this smacks of desperation. If you're going to have to go digital or go belly-up, why not say so. I could pity you for ganking my paper subscription if the alternative is to have none at all.
Second, people paid for a paper mag subscription. Now you're changing the terms. Yet I still hear no offer from LJ to reimburse the remainder of peoples subscriptions since the terms have drastically changed. I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that's as clear a case of bait and switch as I've ever seen.
Finally, what really are we gaining from this? We can't line our rat's cage with pdfs, or (maybe) hand our copy to a friend when we're done. They're not so good on the crapper either, as the other fellow so eloquently pointed out.
Total fail on the delivery of this probably mostly unwelcome news. If you guys need a marketing consultant this badly, you have my email. For the sake of all who love this rag, get someone with a clue about how to treat customers before you toss out the next surprise.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
1 hour 48 min ago
- This should be very helpful
3 hours 2 min ago
- As much as I share your point
5 hours 21 min ago
- So girls had it better ?
8 hours 53 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
9 hours 13 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
14 hours 45 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
19 hours 48 min ago
20 hours 8 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
20 hours 33 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
20 hours 46 min ago