100% disappointed with the decision to go all digital.

I don't have much to say other then I am completely disappointed with the decision to go all digital. Just because we're techheads, doesn't mean we all walk around with friggin ipads or iphones and read pdfs on the crapper.

I will not be renewing my subscription when whatever digital credits I have left with run out.

My only hope is enough subscribers come here and complain for them to reverse their decision, but I doubt that will happen.

Farewell.

Can't Read It Everywhere

balston's picture

I work in an environment where I cannot bring in an iPod/iPad/iPhone/Kindle/Nook/etc. I used to be able to bring in my Linux Journal, but not anymore. Plus, I don't want to take a piece of electronics into the bathroom with me. Then there is the fact that nobody will stick a gun in my face and demand my paper version of Linux Journal. I love the magazine, and I don't want them to go out of business because of the increase in printing costs, so I don't know what to do. Maybe a thicker magazine with more ads to offset the printing costs? I just don't know what the answer will be. I may be forced to not renew my subscription when it comes due. Good thing I didn't opt for the 100 issues for $100.00 when I had the chance.

A sad day

rpotter's picture

It is a sad day. I hope they truly didn't have a choice in the matter. As for me, I hate reading large chunks of content on the computer. As far as that goes I hate having to have a computer or mobile device as the only way to refer to the content.

My current subscription was the Black Friday price so I'm not really out anything. But when it comes time to renewal I won't be. I will take my money to another magazine publication that shows up at my house and lets me mark in it, shove it in my back pocket, etc.

Good luck LJ, I'm going to miss you.

I completely agree with you

ryan.braun's picture

I completely agree with you guys, and the lack of warning or consultation makes me want to demand a refund for whatever subscription funds I have left.

Unreal way to operate a company. You guys should have sent out lube with the last issue!

Goodbye LJ

ewalstad's picture

I'd accept a native Kindle version but I don't want PDF content.

I'm going to ask for a refund of my remaining subscription.

So long, LJ, and thanks for all the fish.

EW

Not happy.

Tom W's picture

A digital edition is no substitute for a physical copy.

I've been a subscriber since the very first edition but I'm not sure I'll be continuing.

I agree. Bye.

rkblackwell's picture

This is stupid.
I have to look at screens enough.
I won't be renewing my subscription when it expires.

White Paper
Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI

Linux has become a key foundation for supporting today's rapidly growing IT environments. Linux is being used to deploy business applications and databases, trading on its reputation as a low-cost operating environment. For many IT organizations, Linux is a mainstay for deploying Web servers and has evolved from handling basic file, print, and utility workloads to running mission-critical applications and databases, physically, virtually, and in the cloud. As Linux grows in importance in terms of value to the business, managing Linux environments to high standards of service quality — availability, security, and performance — becomes an essential requirement for business success.

Learn More

Sponsored by Red Hat

White Paper
Private PaaS for the Agile Enterprise

If you already use virtualized infrastructure, you are well on your way to leveraging the power of the cloud. Virtualization offers the promise of limitless resources, but how do you manage that scalability when your DevOps team doesn’t scale? In today’s hypercompetitive markets, fast results can make a difference between leading the pack vs. obsolescence. Organizations need more benefits from cloud computing than just raw resources. They need agility, flexibility, convenience, ROI, and control.

Stackato private Platform-as-a-Service technology from ActiveState extends your private cloud infrastructure by creating a private PaaS to provide on-demand availability, flexibility, control, and ultimately, faster time-to-market for your enterprise.

Learn More

Sponsored by ActiveState