Hacker Halted USA, October 21-27 in Miami, is the EC-Council's flagship IT security event for both technical experts and C-Level executives. It hosts lots of technical training courses and a two-day conference with exhibits. The conference track themes include cloud security, SCADA, and timely topics chosen by peer review and input from 450 training companies worldwide. Linux Journal subscribers can receive a $100 discount on the two-day conference or the six-day Training/Conference Package by inserting the code HHMP8 when prompted.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software