The Business of Cloud Computing
Everyone is talking about cloud computing, but your business needs more than talk and buzzwords-you need to understand how to harness this enormous catalyst for change.In this forum you'll hear from executives who have captured the savings, flexibility, security and scalability to enable their businesses to grow and innovate. You can't afford to miss the lessons learned from such luminaries as James Williams, Chief Information Officer at NASA Ames Research Center. Also hear from Fortune 500 company executives, start-ups, law firms, banking and educational institutions. In addition, learn about associations helping to set standards and mitigate risk in the cloud such as the Cloud Security Alliance and Open Grid Forum. For additional information about this event, please go to www.opalevents.org/trk/bccc1120.html. For information on other Opal Events, please go to www.opalevents.org.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- New Products
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk