Year Without DRM
It's time for New Year resolutions and what better than to resolve to not purchase media 'protected' by DRM? Many of us already follow this rule but by pledging this publicly we can educate the masses.
"It is my New Year's Resolution to refuse to purchase any media which is protected by a digital rights management system. DRM restricts me from controlling my media and my devices. If I do not have full control of my device, I do not own it. Therefore, I cannot in good conscience purchase anything which is restricted by DRM."
YearWithoutDRM.com by Linux Journal subscriber and friend Colin Dean is a site asking the public to resolve to only purchase content which you control for devices you control. We've pledged, have you?
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Django Templates
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux