Are web sites today so complicated because they have to be or because they can be?
I am sure if you are a web site designer, you believe the former, but as an end user and part time designer, I am really beginning to wonder.
While I understand the argument that a web site is supposed to represent your business or association as an online presence, I wonder who is doing the design and if they have any concept of the needs of the users on the other end.
The original idea of http/html was to make it easier to share information between academics, especially reports and other scholarly learning. And information sharing should still be at the heart of any web site. But if I have to jump through hoops to get access to your information, chances are I am going to be looking for my information some where else.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Web Administration Scripts
- Mixtapes Community
5 hours 8 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
5 hours 42 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
6 hours 11 min ago
8 hours 6 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
9 hours 25 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
11 hours 59 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
12 hours 55 min ago
- It's Jupiter
1 day 3 hours ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
1 day 4 hours ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 9 hours ago